Michael,

Re St. John's Cemetery, I know of cases where sometimes they were buried with cousins, in-laws, etc. I just had a cousin buried at St. John's not too long ago and I believe the gravesite was owned by one of her in-laws or a cousin or some such who had been buried there years ago but there was still an available plot. My aunt's husband is buried in our family plot...I have no idea why my aunt, other than the fact she wanted her husband buried with her, had him buried there as the spaces were suppose to be reserved for immediate family members. I know there are still 2 available plots and I am told her daughters will be buried in them. I know my mom and her other living sister had to give permission to my aunt to use these spaces quite a few years ago. I also have a brother buried with them and he has a different surname than the owner of the plots (my grandfather) and since my mom had remarried, we hyphenated both her marriage names to make the connection. Also, my great-grandmother's name is on the stone but she is not buried there. I was told way back when they would do this and send the body back to Portugal for burial.

"E"