I think this may be the parents ??-

Ship's Manifest - Peninsular sailing from Sao Miguel to New York arriving 5/26/1900.

Manuel de Sousa Miquelina 58, (if in US before - yes 1897), Jacintha de Sousa 39, Marianna 24, Marianna 20 (yes 2 named Marianna) . They are going to their son Manuel de Sousa Miquelina living in Fall River. I also found them in the 1910 US Census Manuel 69, Jessie J. 49, Mary AC 19. I am not sure if the 1900 records are on the CCA site or not.

"E"