From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 5:18 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Grave Photo

Gail,

There is nothing more annoying to volunteers than to go and take a photo
just to find out the person requesting asked the world and someone else did
it and wasted the volunteer's time.  Even though I take pictures in larger
city cemeteries, some are old.  Some are so large that the flat memorial
tablets are trimmed once every X months.  So I sit and trim away the grass.
If there's mud (from the lawn being watered), I pull out my collapsible
bucket and find a spigot and wash it off.  Then I let it dry.  If the light
is not right, I pull out my umbrella and shade the stone the right way.

In fairness to the Find A Grave volunteers, you should take down your photo
request there and wait and see if anyone on this list picks up the request
or any other you list you may have posted it on.  Find A Grave gives the
volunteer 2 weeks to fulfill the request after it has been claimed.  So you
could wait 2 weeks after this posting to see if anyone fills it.  And once
someone agrees to take your picture, you need to tell every list you posted
on that the request has been fulfilled so some other volunteer does not go
out there to take your photo.

Sorry if this doesn't sound polite.  I've been doing the grave photos for a
few years now on Find A Grave and have encountered a few people who didn't
take down the request and I used my gas, time, and energy just to find out
that the request was fulfilled by someone else.  Hope you understand.

Cheri Mello
Also a Graver on Find A Grave

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right