Pam, Are you sure of the death date?  I found a ss death record for Salvadore S
Simoes born 22 Jul 1926, died in Bow, NH 31 Oct 2006.  He's buried in the NH
State Veterans Cemetery, Boscawen, NH.  FIND A GRAVE memorial #72707482
Do you have an obit?

If the birth date is correct, you can get a copy at the Fall River City Hall.
It,s $15 - $20.
If you are looking for Portuguese records for his parents, you need to find out
what village in Sao Miguel.  The records from about 1880 back are at the
Dartmouth, MA, Family History Center, 400 Cross Rd.  They are open Friday
nights 6:30 - 9:30, and Saturday 10:00 - 2:00.
The person who knows the most about the records will be there this coming
Saturday.
If you don't know the village, what was the exact date they arrived?  The
immigration record may have the village.
Good luck,
Judi

Sent from my iPad