Line 2: bro de anno de mil oito centos setenta
Line 3: e cinco, as sete horas de a manha

Watch his "de."  The stick on the "d" does not stick up.  He curls it to
the left, counter clockwise.  He also runs some words together (line 3: "e
cinco" looks like "ecinco."

English:
Line 2: bro from September (the ber), of the year of 1000 800 70
Line 3: and 5, at 7 hours of the morning.

That's the day he died and the time.

His mom was Maria Constancia.  The "ns" in CoNStancia looks like an "m."

8 lines from the bottom:
oito filhos, e foi sepultado no (he wrote sepultadono) Cemete-
rio publica.

English:
8 children, and was buried in the Cemete-
ry public.

I think back then you were buried the same day.  The format for deaths
usually don't include the burial date.

Eddie, you did pretty good in translating.

Here's some examples of birth, marriage, and death records (line by line,
in Portuguese and English) from the Azores GenWeb: http://goo.gl/Xh89Z

Keep plugging away.  You'll get a little more each time.
Achada