I agree: usually Mancebo was the same as "junior", but sometimes could be
applied to nephews or grandsons.

JS Lopes

________________________________
 De: Gayle Machado <goodw...@aol.com>
Para: "azores@googlegroups.com" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Enviadas: Domingo, 21 de Outubro de 2012 15:24
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Please help with Perpetua Rosa again

Sorry to interject myself into your conversations but I wanted to warn you
about an assumption that could be dangerous. Mancebo does not always imply one
person is the son of another. It actually means "the younger" and I have seen
it used when it was a nephew (as with my own grandfather) and even with a young
girl who carried the same name as another relative. It has caused others to
confuse it with the title "Junior."

Again, I apologize for butting into your conversation and hope I've not caused
any offense.

Gayle