Eric,

You are right, Godparents are usually a relative or close  friend.  In this
case, Maria Furtado, was a close friend, not married  to any of the Anselmo
brothers (8), or Pine (Pinheiro) brother.  My Father  never referred to her
as his Aunt.   He also, never mentioned who  his God Father was.  It is
possible that he didn't have a God Father,  possible but not likely.

The only time she was mentioned is when he gave me her picture.  So if  I
learn the name of the God Father, I would know if it was Maria's  husband, or
one of the uncle's.  If the God Father was Maria's  husband, it would be
easier to identify her family, living in Pleasanton, or  Eden Township, etc.
The church has the name of the God Father, if only  they will share that
info.

Since my Father was born in 1912, I don't know how any Anselmo or Pine
(Pinheiro)  information would be of value when researching for a non  relative,
Furtado.

My original inquiry was if any member may have an ancestor  whose name  was
Maria Furtado, so that I would be able to share her picture with them.

Ally

In a message dated 11/1/2012 11:49:47 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,