Pam,

The Azores doesn't have an island named Sao Roque.  There's probably a few
freguesias named after that saint.  She expressly stated that the Sao Roque
she was after was on Sao Miguel.  Without access to my books, I can't tell
her when it was formed.  I can only tell her what was filmed by the GSU in
the 1980s.  No baptisms were filmed for Sao Roque.  S. Roque was probably
formed from another freguesia. That's why I stated someone who researches
that area will inform her better than I can at the moment.

For the new readers on this list, the Azores are composed of 9 islands:
Santa Maria, Sao Miguel, Terceira, Graciosa, Sao Jorge, Pico, Faial,
Flores, and Corvo.
Achada