There are two ferry lines in the Azores.  I've taken the Transmaçor
year-round passenger ferry among Faial, Pico and São Jorge several times.
Only one time did nearly everyone aboard except the crew have mild
queasiness -- on the Cais do Pico - Velas, São Jorge leg (crossing the
channel) -- although no one was heaving, just listless.  All the other
times I've had no problem with seasickness:
http://www.transmacor.pt

The other ferry line, Açorline, that Nancy Jean mentions and runs only in
summer, has large auto ferries, which I'm told are far more stable (even an
Azorean friend whose tendency to seasickness precludes taking the passenger
ferry is able to ride this one safely).  Unfortunately, their website seems
not to be online any longer:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=A%C3%A7orline&btnK=
Katharine.