  From: John Machado
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:21 PM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Mary Roderick & Joseph Silva | Azores - Island
Unknown | Research Ideas

  I have come to seek wisdom from the group.  Recently, I have hit a wall with
one of my branches.  The ancestor nearest me is Mary Agnes Silva (married
William Perry).  She was born in Buffalo, NY Jan 24, 1868.  Her parents were
Joseph Silva and Mary Roderick.  I have no records of birth, only the death
cert to confirm.  In 1869, I find the family in Oakland, CA, with a new son
named Joseph.  Interestingly, Joseph’s name on the internment records is Joseph
Dyce.  Also, his death cert is Joseph Dyce with mothers maiden name as Mary
Roderick.  So that fits.  Fast forward to the 1880 Oakland, CA census she is
now married to Joseph Nichols and living next door to a family of Roderick’s.
I have to assume it’s her brother.  Her mother was also living with the brother
I believe.  All are buried at the same cemetery.  All I believe are from the
Azores.  I would like to find from where in the Azores.  I have searched
Ancestry at nausea, Google, news archives, library of congress and so on.
Anyone have ideas or connections?  I can’t find any info on Joseph Silva the
biological father.  I assume only the birth record of Mary Agnes Silva would
include that info, but she was born in 1868 Buffalo, NY, hospital unknown.
Mary Roderick (Silva, Dyce, Nichols) died in Oakland in 1901.  The death was
only recorded on ledger and gives simple info.  Thanks for reading…

  John Machado

email to azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.