Doug,

I have not done much research on the Faria line yet.  Most of the
information I have is from the NEPS (Citcem) site, or from relatives.  (I
research rather sporadically.)  And yes, I have found that everyone is
related - starting from the third generation on back.

My mom has dementia and I recently found out that it may run on her
mother's side of the family.  Her mother had a sister with alzheimers.  Mom
also has two cousins that are still in Pico, brother and sister, with
alzheimers.  (These are from another aunt.)  My grandmother's father is
Francisco Simplicio Rosa Vieira and her mother is Maria Jesus Conceicao.
This is the grandmother that was married to my grandfather Manuel Pereira
Faria.

My mom's long term memory seems to be kicking in, so I'm going to try to
find out what I can before it is too late.

If it is not a problem, could you send me a chart that shows the Cardoso
connection?

Thanks,
Linda