Thanks for the suggestion, but then if someone is looking for a Maria, now
I have the islands popping up.  Generally, they tell us not to abbreviate
ANYTHING (or that is what is taught in basic genealogy classes).

The freguesias and islands need to be spelled (at least one time) in the
Portuguese language so searches can be performed.  Half the time, I tell
the person I can't find the original post, so they have to post again.

The proper spelling is important too in the genealogy programs.  They get
uploaded to Family Tree DNA and yet the matches appear to have nothing in
common with my dad (Sao Miguel ancestry) because someone misspelled it to
Sao MiQuel.

A post it on the computer should help those who are learning the proper
spelling :)

Cheri MelloListowner, Azores-Gen
Achada