Always a good reminder to back up your data. I've been doing it today, too.

In regards Windows 7, seems to me it would be no problem to buy any new computer and then buy Windows 7 and install it. It might be more expensive that way, since 7 or 8 always comes free with the system, but if 8 stinks that much, maybe it's worth the extra.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618