Hi John,

Yes, it's not a sin. But clearly the Church does believe that the devil
might have been involved in the first baptism, and they need to exorcise it
better. I guess it makes that makes the first one a satanic rite instead of
a sin.

I understand the need for a second baptism, just to make sure. And I know
that a rite of exorcism is part of baptism anyway. But clearly something is
fishy about the need to state the exorcism explicitly. My theory about that
is the one above - a need to affirm the power of the Church. Granted, it's
my personal opinion, and I don't have time to research that deeper. I just
find it funny from the records that they exorcise only on second baptisms.
I'm assuming that the record reflects the rite and a stronger exorcise was
performed on those babies.

João C. Ventura