From: Eric Gomes
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:35 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Hawaiian Marriages

Wow,

Thank you for the great response and assistance.  It's always amazing how the
group can do more than the single person.  I appreciate it.
Sorry for the late response, I really only have time on the weekends to work on
Ancestry stuff where I can actually sit down and put a little mind power to it.

Gail M:  The 1900 Census in  Hilo, Hawaii, it says that her husband was
Naturalized.  In the 1910 and 1920 Census both say that he is an Alien.  He was
killed by a train in Oakland on June 10, 1927 (exactly 45 years to the day
before I was born.)  In 1930 and 1940 she is again Naturalized.

Ed: Thank you for all of the resources.  I am going to be busy for a couple of
weeks/years.

Gail E.:  In 1900 they were in Hilo, Hawaii.  I know that my great grandfather
was born there in 1897.  I don't have much more information there.

Cheri:  Unfortunately, she doesn't remember much anymore.  Especially about her
grandparents generation.  She has no memory of her grandfather's because they
were both killed by trains (one when she was three days old and the other
mentioned above when she was 3 years old.)  And yes, I will order the test
today.  I had been concentrating on how I was going to get her brother to take
the test.  He'll be 94 in January and failed to think about my grandmother
(probably because of the Y DNA thing.)  Just curious, how common were the
immigrants from Madeira?  My Gomes Side is from Madeira Island and they arrived
in 1906.

Shirley:  I don't have the tree traced back further than this generation on
this branch.  So, presently I am unaware of any other siblings.

Pam: Thank you.

Family History Library Question: Does anyone know if there is a way to see what
films are at each FHL???  I go to the Oakland Library a lot.  And I don't want
to order the film if they already have it.  =)

Thanks again,

Eric Gomes
Castro Valley, CA