Eric G,

The FHCs used to have a feature within their center where you could see
which FHC had which film.  But I think they nixed that about 10 years ago.
If there was a replacement, no one at my FHC told me (at that time.  I
haven't asked since).

I thought only North Dartmouth, Massachusetts had all 9 of the Azores
islands.  I thought Oakland, California had A LOT though.  Maybe they have
a complete set too and I didn't know about that. I know N. Dartmouth has
the complete set.  Their FHC got a large donation and George Pacheco told
me that the money went to buy all the films for all of the Azores.

If you can afford it, get both the grandmother and her brother's DNA.
Their Family Finder results will be slightly different.  And if you are on
a budget, do something like Grandma with Family Finder and the brother with
Y-DNA 12.  You won't get anything out of a Y-DNA 12 test except
anthropology type stuff.  But the DNA is stored for at least 25 years, so
you can upgrade the brother as the budget allows.

It is my understanding that the Hawaiians recruited heavily from both the
Azores and Madeira.  The ship to Hawaii left from Funchal, Madeira and
Ponta Delgada on Sao Miguel.  That's why there's more S.Miguel people to
Hawaii than the other 8 Azores islands.  As for how much from Madeira
versus the Azores, I don't know.  Hope someone else does.

Achada