Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that last week, I made available the http://tombo.pt
website. The objective of this site is to make it (a lot) easier to access
the Portuguese parish records.

Among other features:
- List of new parish books from the previous day. I just enabled it to also
search the Azores automatically, so disregard the São Sebastião date.
- Simple browsing via District -> Municipality -> Parish. Do note that I'm
using the 1911 districts, so the Azores districts are: Angra do Heroísmo,
Horta and Ponta Delgada.
- Merging the books of different archives into the same parish. Not
applicable to those researching in the Azores. But it may be a revelation
for those searching in mainland Portugal: some of those 'lost' books are
actually in Lisbon.
- Search capability (search for the parish, and with a bit of luck the site
will list it).

The site is still under development, but from now on, it's only new
features or cosmetic changes (the site's style is still a bit raw).

Happy researching,

Joao C. Ventura
http://tombo.pt