Hi, Andy,

Yes, we are definitely cousins.  Our common ancestor appears to be Jose de
Frias Bode, although I am descended from his son Francisco from his second
marriage to Barbara da Purificacao.  I will be traveling for the next couple of
days and won't have access to the records on my computer, but I'll send more
information when I return.

I already knew the various possible meanings of Bode.  The name does seem to be
confined to a short time period.  My great-grandfather Manoel de Frias and his
family were known as Malassada.

I kniw you have at least one other cousin in this group.   If my memory is
correct, Hermano Pires is also descended from Jose de Frias Bode.

Best wishes from your prima,
Nancy

Sent from my iPad