I have seen it in many records.
I never though much about it, but it makes sense that the marriage be blessed
after consumation!
The last part is my own thought on it :))

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:42:04 -0800
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Help with translation Topo,Sao Jorge Surnames
Goncalves and Jose
From: mari...@jmtmlt.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com

Is it common to have a Marriage Blessing received after the marriage takes
place?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Hermano C. Pires <lagoe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Marrilyn
Record #15 is a wedding record for Jose Antonio Gonsalves and Marianna Jose.
What I wrote before are the facts contained there.
The names you see in the margin are Jose and Marianna, there is no other
iformation there.