Thank you all,

Doug, that is my plan, that takes time! I was just "jumping" from
generation into generation, backwards, just to see where I could go in the
"backbone" of the tree, sem olhar para os "galhos" but I know I have a lot
of work! Some of the branches I "caught" along the way were pure luck ;-)

Thank you Nancy, I will eventually some day, "dig" the hole Island I am
aware of that, we might cross in to Cabral one day, I have it from both
Paternal and Maternal side.

Cheri, I can see that now for my unhappiness, and yes I already know that I
will have to read some of those books. I also read that Velho Arruda wrote
a good one, being from Santa Maria, maybe he got those books in better
conditions, I don't know. I am curious when did these books deteriorated, I
can tell you one thing, humidity in these Islands can be a "killer" for
just about anything you can think of, specially electronics!

Thank you Manoel, I will consider that in the future to see if I connect
there!

Obrigado Hermano, é curioso esse "material" andava no CCA e eu nao sabia!
Muito Bom!! It seams that he got the same doubts I have, I know I wont find
proof considering the deterioration of he books, but I still have hope in
the birth records to get more info as they go back a little bit more than
the marriages!

Obrigado a todos!

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Hermano C. Pires <lagoe...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Ricardo
> I haven't followed this thread closely, however I wonder if the image in
> the attached link, confusing as it is, might be of help.
> Hermano
>

> http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GENEALOGIAS-CARLOSMACHADO/GENEALOGIAS-CARLOSMACHADO_item1/P77.html
>
> ------------------------------
> From: gfsche...@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 08:41:06 -0700
>
> Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Santo Espirito - Marriages (1708-1751)
> To: azores@googlegroups.com
>

> Ricardo,
>
> Sometimes the early book was lost.  Or it was in such bad shape that they
> could not film or digitize it.  It's literally falling apart.
>
> I don't know if Rodrigo Rodrigues or Frutoso did much with the Santa Maria
> records.  That could be one option.
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
> Tainhas, Achada

Ricardo Chaves