Manoel, did you mean the records for Espirito Santo before 1708 were lost
not Santa Barbara? Maria look in Santa Barbara for a marriage. Erica just
found a marriage for our George Moreno in Santa Barbara in 1691 2 of their
children were baptized in Espirito do Santo, Santa Maria.

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Manoel Cesar <man...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maria,
>
> The marriage records before 1708 for Santa Barbara are lost.
>
> The birth records for Santa Barbara between 1662 and 1666 are missing too.
> It seems that Sebastião was born c. 1664, so you won't find him.
> There's a child named Belchior born to Manuel de Resendes and Isabel Velho
> in Santa Barbara about 1659, if I'm not wrong.
> Manuel de Sousa de Resendes also goes by Manuel de Resendes, and his wife
> Isabel Vellho was only 16 years old when she got married on 3 jan 1639 in
> Assunção ( Matriz de Vila do Porto).
>

> Manoel

> I ve been tracing a family (Sebastiaom Jacome de Resende)  in the parish
>> of NS DE PURIFICACAO in Espírito Santo, island of Santa Maria as far back
>> as the dates that are online.  Before 1708 where would the people go for
>> weddings?  I don't know distances between churches there.  Maybe any
>> marriages before 1708 in that parish were not put online?
>>
>>  I've searched Sta Barbara where Sebastiaom was baptized but no luck yet.
>>   Maybe I'm 10 years off  "more or less" according to his obit.
>>

>> Maria Elena
>>
>> On May 3, 2014, at 7:42 PM, mances <man...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Maria,
>>
>> You are welcome.
>>
>> The word after sixty is "outo" (oito - current spelling).
>>
>> The one who made a will on 1633 was his grandfather Sebastião Jácome de
>> Resendes. They had the same name.
>>
>> I think that the notarial records are in the Biblioteca Pública e Arquivo
>> Regional de Ponta Delgada.
>> Here´s the link:
>> http://www.bparpd.azores.gov.pt/?utm_source=google&utm_
>> medium=cpc&utm_campaign=truvo
>>

>> Manoel
>>
>> Em sábado, 3 de maio de 2014 14h17min03s UTC-3, Maria escreveu:
>>>
>>> Hi Manoel
>>>
>>> Thanks for answering all my questions.
>>>
>>> I'm happy to send you the link for MARIA DA COSTA's obit.  Funny how I
>>> kept pressing save the page on my Ipad and I kept getting her husband's
>>> page with HIS obituary.  I thought there was something g WRONG with the
>>> Ipad until about the fourth or fifth time when I realized THEY WERE BOTH
>>>  ON THE SAME PAGE.  His is very clear on the bottom right and she is very
>>> difficult to read and is on the lower left page.
>>>
>>> I noted she died in 1734 and he died in 1735.  Their son Joze was
>>> married just three months before Sebastiaom passed away.  I knew she was
>>> deceased when Joze got married.
>>>
>>> Here's the link to Maria Da COSTA's obit and Sebastiaom
>>>
>>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-
>>> VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1733-1758/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1733-