Manoel-- my heart skipped a beat when I realized what I was reading.   You just
gave me the name of Sebastiaom's parents!  Wow!   Did RR have access to these
records before they were lost?  If so, What a major blessing that these records
were recorded in his book before the records were lost.

 if Sebastiaom was born in 1644 like you said, then he might have been married
once before Maria Da Costa because their children were  born in 1702  (Joze),
1705 (Maria), and i found a  Jaom's  marriage that I stumbled upon- also a son
of theirs.  But I haven't found Jaom"s  birth record.  I've been looking for
more children of Sebastiaom and Maria to get a better clue of when when they
might have married.

Maybe I need to use the 1644 date.  Then he would have married around 1664-ish.
    Apparently Rodrigo Rodrigues didn't say he was married to someone before
Maria Da Costa.  I'll keep looking.

How are you related to this Sebastiaom?  He is my husband's 8th great
grandfather following the top of his paternal line.  Thank you over and over.
Hope you are cousins!

Maria Elena