Italian it is ruta ; in French it us rue.

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de Cheri
Mello
Enviada: sexta-feira, 8 de Agosto de 2014 23:00
Para: Azores Genealogy
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Sebastião de Pimentel - Marriage in Fenais
da Ajuda

Eliseu,

Yeah, we're kidding.  Well, I'm kidding.  I think we all know back in time that
if you could write, you were lucky.  Many had a lower level of literacy (better
than nothing), but spelling was lacking for many.  They tried.  And I know it
wasn't just the Azores.  I see it with earlier American records too.  And then
there are always those people who aren't good spellers.  It was funny growing
up.  My dad loved to do the TV Guide crossword puzzles, but would ask me or my
sister how to spell a word.  We'd giggle and spell it for him!

Achada