Thank you all for your responses and examples that make it clear that there is
no rule for second marriages for me to deposit into my knowledge bank.

Margaret: The possibilities you offer make a lot of sense.  Thanks for your
insight.

JR: I have made contact with N. Teixeira before and this Manuel Bernardo and
Emilia Rosa are his GG grandparents through their son Jose.  They are also my
wife's through their daughter Rosa; mine through their daughter Felicidade; and
of the cousin of Lee (from this group), also through their daughter Felicidade.

Thanks again to all.

Bill Seidler