http://www.rhodeisland-genealogy.com/statewide.cfm

Sent from my iPad
I listed site above as possible research for those not aware of it.

I am new at this research but I found things in the last few days on my
Grandparents Jose and Virginia Medeiros. It is amazing how often names are
misspelled and/or written in Portuguese or English! As this record shows so
clearly. I knew my Grandfather's mother's name as Maria de Jesus Cordeiro and
his father as Francisco Medeiros which I got from the original marriage record
that my father had concerning his parents marriage.On this sight I found my
Grandfather's birth date and death date. I knew his death date because I have
one of the original holy cards my father got from his mother  but had no birth
date.
In one entry in this R.I. Record it says his father is Francis and mother Mary
Lamb.
My Grandmother is listed as  his spouse.The death date is the same as on the
holy card.I know that the word  cordeiro in English means lamb.So I concluded
that Mary Lamb and Francis is my Great Grandparents on my paternal side of the
family. George M. ( Pereira) Medeiros Jr.