That's the first time I've heard where they told a person to roll back to
an older version to run on the latest operating system. Not saying that's
not the way to do it. Just saying it sounds odd.

Try running the latest version in "Compatibility Mode for a previous O/S,
such as Windows 7. Sometimes that resolves issues with loading programs.

You don't describe what happens whey you try and run the program. Give us
more of a description and perhaps we can give you a better idea of what to
do. Generally any program which can run on Windows 8/8.1 will be able to
run on Windows 10.

Good luck!

Robert