Thank you, Denis, for explaining that there is a Santa Barbara in Santa Maria.
I do not think the person Elaine found in that search is my elusive Maria
Cristo.  Actually, the village where her family lived in Sao Miguel was called
Lomba da Santa Barbara during the time they lived there.Celeste Celeste Perry
ccgran...@yahoo.com