Hi everyone,

     I've begun searching for my father's side of the family with little to
no information, other than what I found by going to the New Bedford, MA
city hall to look up information about my grandparents.  I did find
information on their death certificates, which helped a little, but my
searching for additional information brings up a lot of conflicting
information on Ancestry (such as naturalization papers listing one date for
arrival, but searching for the boat lists a completely different date that
does not have any recognizable names on the passenger list.)

    What I did find out is that my father was a 3rd generation of the same
name (Antonio/Antone Mello, possibly DeMello) and that both grandparents
came from Rebeira Quente, St. Michael, Azores around 1901 for my
grandfather and about 1905 - 1907 for my grandmother (Maria Lima, born 1890
or 1891).

     Any tips or suggestions on where to look further would be appreciated!

     Thanks,

      Elaine