Hello!

So I finally have a marriage certificate for my ancestor Manuel Machado and
I've verified it all by the names of parents of both he and his bride.
However, on his son's baptismal record, it is said that Manuel's mother was
unmarried, his father being "pai incognito." However, on his marriage
certificate, it appears that he has a father named Antonio Machado, though
he is not listed as being legitimate or natural. Does this mean that
Antonia was his unmarried father or could he have been an adopted father or
something? Even looking at Family Search's guide to Portuguese genealogical
words I'm really having the hardest time understanding this. I'm hoping
Antonio is the "baby daddy" because it will help track this family further.

Thank you!

Christian