Kerry, you are not part of the Azores DNA project on FTDNA. When you say
you had your "maternal" DNA, I don't know what you are referring to.
There's no "maternal" DNA test on the market with any DNA testing company.
There's a mitochondrial DNA test (mtDNA) that tests your mother's mother's
mother's line (bottom of your pedigree), but those tests don't say you are
Portuguese and German. It would tell you that you are Haplogroup Something
(a letter). And that the migration path for the haplogroup came out of
Africa went up the the Middle East, made a left and went and populated
Europe. This is anthropology stuff, way before countries and political
boundaries ever existed. So there's no way to say Portugal and Germany.

Yes, the were Flemish in the Azores. English too. But this is not in the
mtDNA test. You need to join your results to the Azores DNA project on
FTDNA so I can figure out what you are trying to explain.

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada