The children, as I know them, of Jose da Costa and Luzia Ledo were: (I
located this on both passenger lists and the outgoing passport lists on the
CCA site, the passports were issued on 21 Nov 1919)

Maria de Conceicas Menezes, born about 1895
Maria des Anjes Menezes, born about 1896
Maria de Merces Ledo Menezes, born 5/28/1903 (I think, there is some
question about the year of her birth, but it's between 1902 and 1905)
Luzia Agueda Ledo Menezes, born about 1906.

I am still trying to find out what happened to the other sisters after they
arrived in the U.S. in December of 1919.  They landed in New Bedford; Maria
de Merces, or Mercedes as she was called, married her cousin Jose da Costa
Menezes (son of Alberto da Costa Menezes in 1920.  They moved to Cambridge,
Massachusetts the following year.  I know that Luzia went with them; she
and her father are living with Joseph and Mercedes in 1930 and I know that
Mercedes and Louise, as Luzia was called here, remained close through the
1930s and 1940s.  Mercedes died 12/9/1983.  Her husband died 3/11/1972,
both in Cambridge.  I am working on finding the other sisters.  I believe
also that a brother, Angelo, remained in Ribeira Grande, at least in 1919.
 Family tradition has it that Luzia Ledo and possibly other of her children
died in the Spanish flu epidemic in 1918-1919, I do not know if this is
true.

I greatly appreciate you telling me that their freguesia was Matriz!  I
have found some of the baptismals and the marriage of Luzia Ledo. I do not
speak Portuguese but my old school-time Latin is helping me, and my
brother-in-law is Brazilian and has offered to help as well!

I will keep you posted as I find things!

Kerry