I am looking for any information on *John ENOS (VARGAS)* born abt.1841;
immigrated either in 1860 or 1868, lived in Concord, Contra Costa County,
CA and was a farmer; and a woman named *Emma VARGAS*. They were married
about 1870. I don't know where but I sure wish I did so I could get their
marriage certificate. They had 14 children; 13 living. I could not find
them in any census reports prior to the 1900, so I am missing 3 of their
children. These are the ones I do know:

*Joseph* b. abt. 1873
*Mary L. (DUTRA)* b.1874 d. 1957 of Concord

*Emma (my great-grandmother) *b.12 Jul 1880 d. 30 Sep 1957 in Santa Clara
*Annie* b. abt. 1882
*Theresa (NUNES)* b.1885 d. 1968 of Concord
*Manuel* b. abt. 1886
*Frank* b. abt. 1887 of Concord
*Angie (MESQUITA)* b.1889 d. 1972 in Hayward
*Aggie (Agnes) (BENZ)* b.1892 d. 1980
*Evelyn (MCDERMOTT)* b.1897 d.1966 in Marin Co.

There is a story circulating in Ancestry about a John Enos Vargas born in
1838...but I cannot reconcile the information about this man with my John.
I lost this couple after the 1910 census, but found a man by the same name
in the 1920 census living as a lodger in the Clyde Hotel, married, but no
Emma. Then I found a woman with the same name, married, in another 1920
census living as an "inmate" in the Napa State Hospital. This could
possibly explain why they are not together in a census after the 1910.
There is also a Find A Grave entry on a couple with the same names who died
in 1923 and 1928, and are buried in St. Stephen's in Concord. They farmed
for years in Concord, so this too is plausible, but I am not sure if these
are my John and Emma. Any information anyone has regarding these two will
be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!