Hi luiznoia! Yes, those are my 2nd great grandparents. I have recently made
contact with a close dna match that was able to put me in touch with two
other cousins on that side. All three are my second cousins once removed!
Unfortunately, no one knows the true story of how John Enes Vargas got here
to the U.S. and what island he came from. His wife was from Feteira, Faial,
so maybe his family was from there. All anyone knows is that his father's
name was Joseph (Jose?) and his mother was possibly Francesca. I can find
nothing on this couple. Still looking! Thank you for sharing what you
found, it is appreciated!
Sami