Hi, Ken
  That's wonderful that you're going. I was in Graciosa in 2013 and
absolutely loved it. It's beautiful and relaxing. I hope to go again this
summer, as well as to other islands. We flew from Lisbon on TAP and then
also flew from Graciosa to Faial. One of the most exciting things was to go
to the Matriz de Santa Cruz da Graciosa and see where so many of my
ancestors were baptized and married. I have Silvas in my line, mostly from
the Fontes area of Santa Cruz. I have traced them back to the 1700s and
would be glad to share any information I have. The names are: Maria Candida
Pereira da Silva (great-grandmother) and then: José Pereira da Silva and
wife Maria Candida, Antonio Pereira da Silva and wife Antonia Rosa from
whom I believe the Silva name originates. Her father was Caetano de Sousa
da Silva and his wife was Dona Maria do Santo Antonio. I don't know of any
current relations there but would be glad to share anything else. Sue