I found this group after joining the Azores FTDNA project I am in the process
of awaiting family finder results in next few weeks. As my mtDNA is not Azores
related since my mothers father was the line. He was born in Alameda County,
California his christened name Anthony Bernard Silva. His father Manuel Perry
Silva came to California in 1870 from the Azores (per Grandpa from Pico) with 2
brothers (I believe Antone and Joseph per census records). In 1890 a bride was
sent from the Azores Marianna Avila (I have gotten many generations of her
Family). Years ago a cousin from Sao Jorge helped me with her genealogy. I am
stuck on Manuel though trying to find his correct Silva family. Hoping family
finder will help. Grandpa was older when my mom was born and passed away when I
was 7. I was very close with as he lived with us.

This is what I have.
193. MANUEL PERRY SILVA (Anthony's father) was born in July 1846, in Pico,
Azores, to Mr. Silva231 and Ms. Silva232. In 1870, aged about 23, he immigrated
to according to 1900 census came to U.S. in 1870. He was recorded in the census
in 1880, aged about 33, in Washington, Alameda, California, USA. In 1900, aged
about 53, he was a Listed as saloon keeper. Manuel was a Farmer. He was
recorded in the census in 1900, aged about 53, in Emeryville city, Alameda,
California, USA. Manuel died on 25 February 1917, aged 70, in Alameda, CA.
Manuel was buried in Holy Spirit Cemetery, 5250 Central Ave, Fremont, CA.

I would love to find more about his family and where they came from. I can't
wait to meet more Avila and Silva family out there. I also have a site at
MyHeritage.com that family can join in and add new info to the tree.

Thank you,

Kellie