"The dates most likely need to be in European format and most likely need to be
with Portuguese abbreviations for the months. The names must be in modern
Portuguese (Ana, not Anna). And there needs to be a rule for d', de, da, do.
You are doing this from a completely egocentric, American point of view. This
is exactly why they don't want our help."
I will make my index for my use. I will spell things how they appear in the
records for greater accuracy. I am not interested in speculation over format.
This isnt being published online or elsewhere so really I can do whatever I
want., Jeremy(The "Egocentric Ignoramus")