Thanks for all the information from everyone.  Yes, my husband is retired
military flag officer and he is the one with the Azorean heritage.

There were no flights available when we were out on the East coast but thanks
to all of you, we now have information to plan a trip.  I will keep looking at
the Facebook pages for the different locations so as to get an idea of how
often and where to fly from.

Thanks so much for all your good input.

Maria Elena