Hi Bill,

Passaporte # 258 for Maria Something Cabral...
Headings:
Year, Month, Day, Passaporte #, Passenger # (left blank), Name, Age, Status
(single, married, widowed), Profession, Legitimate (or illegitimate -
meaning if person was born out of wedlock), Native of (council &
freguesia), Resident of (council & freguesia)....Yours is Pico da Pedra
(squishy writing)...
Page 2 headings:
Literacy (I can't tell if it's illiterate or literate - it's in the fold),
A bunch of blank columns, An emigrant (yes/no), which class (1st, 2nd, 3rd
class passenger), number of times emigrated before (not entirely sure on
that column), next 2 columns I can't get, last 2 say where going (America)
and city (Bristol in your case).

That time period they didn't ask for the parents on the passaportes :(

You didn't include Maria's baptism. You sent the Passaportes link twice
(oops).

Key words for the baptisms can be found on the Azores GenWeb here:
https://goo.gl/TkFjWX

At the end of that page is a link that will take you to samples where you
can compare your record to the online one a pick out keywords. It follows a
certain format (most of the time). It takes a little doing to get the hang
of it, but you can do it.
Cheri

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM, bill2232 via Azores Genealogy <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to the group, and just finding my way around.  Everyone is so
> helpful and supportive to us newbies.
>
> I am researching
>  William Cabral  b 4 / 25 / 1887 Sao Miguel Came to US 1914 but have not
> found anything yet.
>
> Wife Maria Cabral Cabral b  10 / 24/ 1889 Sao Miguel   Riberia Grande
> Pico de Padre
>  Came to US 1917     with son Jose and daughter Maria   I found her
> passport listing from
> Ponta Delgada May 10, 1917 As far as I know, father was also a William
> Cabral and Mother Julia Motta
>
> http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_
> digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1916-1920/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1916-1920_item1/P82.html
>
> I think I found her baptismal record, but cannot read much Only Maria in
> the margin and Cabral in the text.
>
> http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_
> digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1916-1920/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1916-1920_item1/P82.html
>
> Can someone tell me what the headings are on top of the passport listing,
> and where  I can get the baptismal record translated to see if it actually
> is her.
>
> Are any of these records or any records from that time frame indexed to
> make my search easier?
>
> You can post here or send direct as not to take time from others.
>
> Thank You.
>
> Bill Cabral
> [email protected]
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to