Hi Sonya T,

I don't know how you are pronouncing Juan Oschar there. I'm in California
and we have lots of people from Mexico and further south. Juan Oschar would
be "Wahn." No where near close to Portuguese (João - zhawow....say Zsa Zsa
Gabor (only one Zsa) and Wow and smash it together and that's how you say
João). I'm not going to guess on Oschar. "Ch" in Portuguese is an "sh"
sound in English. I don't know how you say Oschar there.

I can't think of what "Ferali" may be. Western Islands does refer to the
Azores. Do you have any other sources in Australia on him? The
naturalization is 1909 and he says he's been there 36 years, so about 1873.
I can't remember if that's the year for the Water Lily, or if the Water
Lily was earlier. Maybe the other Australian researchers have ideas for
you.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada