On a recent trip to Hilo I went to the Plantation Museum. The nice people
there gave me an Azorean Passport Index, in Portuguese, which they said
someone had donated to them. I checked our family entry for the Abergeldie,
May 1883, under Antonio Pacheco [Marques], wife Josepha Cabral, and 4
children (Maria 1, Margarida, Manuel, and Maria 2). All this confirmed what
I already knew (from the index cards at the State Archives). However, in
this index there appeared to be another child, an infant named Anna, who
seemed to have died in infancy. This appears to be new information, not on
other records. As I don't read Portuguese, can anyone clarify this for me?
I wrote the information out on a scrape of paper, which I've lost,
otherwise I could supply a page reference number. Any assistance gratefully
received. PS the entry is under Pacheco although the name is Pacheco
Marques.