From: Cheri Mello
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2019 6:43 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Another surname question: Santos and dos Santos

Santos is the surname. "dos" the prefix.

Literally:
dos= of the (plural)
Santos= Saints.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 5:37 PM 'Sam (Camas, WA)' via Azores Genealogy
<azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:
If one uses the back-slashes for the surname both Santos and dos /Santos/ would
show up with only Santos as the surname.  They are two distinctly different
surnames, are they not>

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)