From: 'Kathy Cardoza' via Azores Genealogy
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:19 AM
To: Azores Google Group
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Primeira d’este

Cheri

I’m sure you’re right but I am someone that has two Manuels, both lived, and
had families…… Not sure if I’m the example you mentioned or not? When I first
discovered this, I assumed the first Manuel had died. I knew the second Manuel
had lived …. he married the sister of his oldest brother, Francisco, so I never
researched that first Manuel. Eventually, after being contacted by another
researcher, we realized that HER Manuel was the first one in the family, the
one I had assumed had died. (He had changed his last name to Rodgers, possibly
to distinguish him from his brother.) This was proven, by the way, with, among
other things, his obituary that listed all his siblings, including my Francisco
Pereira da Rosa! Pretty exciting and a reminder to all of us to keep an open
mind and make no assumptions without proving or disproving them. Oh, also, this
family had two Maria Delfinas! Thanks a lot, da Rosas, lol. I have never seen
this in any other of my families with Manuels.

Kathy
Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
        http://www.worldgenweb.org/azrwgw/