Jesse, what primeiro d’este refers to translates to “first of” or first child
born with this name. Sometimes children died and the subsequent child was given
the same name. Additionally, some girls were baptized as Maria, but they might
have multiple Maria’s. Eg. Maria did Anjos, Maria José, Maria de Conceição, so
you can see why the priest expands upon the number of children the couple has
by numbering.

Sent from my iPhone