On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 02:12:41PM +0100, Dan Hill wrote:
>    And there's still the odd bit of vinyl etc. chucked in at the last minute
>    - plus live outside broadcasts etc. Which means metadata input
>    retrospectively, or thereabouts. As BBC radio shows are 'hand-built'
>    rather than selected by track-rotation software, it's a bit tricky to get
>    a 100% accurate live feed - but we're putting a fair bit of effort into
>    making that available.
It'd certianly be a very good start to get the feed set up without being
100%, then add more information to the existing API.  That is, times when
the input isn't from a track on the computer, just show "CD Player 1",
"Vinyl 1", "Mic 1", etc, with an attribute that it's not a real track.
Don't forget to inclue the possibilty of multiple sources being live at
once.  Warn your users that new tags and attributes may show up later, and
to expect multi-namespacing.

Release early, release often.

        -=- James Mastros