"Jason Cartwright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You're not dragging me into that whole 606 thing :-)
>
> I was referring to threading as seen on www.slashdot.org (via
> slashcode), where a converation has a (seemingly) unlimited heirarchy of
> replies, rather than traditional messageboard threading based on user
> topic (as seen on 606).
>
> News' messageboards are from Jivesoft, 606 etc are done internally by
> DNA. Different systems.
>
> One little known requirement of the Have Your Say thing...
>
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/thread.jspa?threadID=4895 (arabic)
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/thread.jspa?threadID=4954 (urdu)
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/thread.jspa?threadID=4958 (persian)
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/thread.jspa?threadID=4959 (russian)
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/thread.jspa?threadID=4960&start=0&tstart=
> 0&zh=simp (chinese simplified)
> etc... http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/languages/

Thats' really cool!

However, I don't see how it makes a difference to things like
threads. Clearly you can't have a thread where one person is speaking
in persian and another in english.

So I'd expect to see whole threads in arabic, or whole threads in
urdu, or whole threads in english.

Anyway... it made me grumpy.

--
Nic Ferrier