I notice that the Beeb is going to put Digital restrictions management in
it's upcoming online, TV on demand service via iPlayer:

"For this reason it has recommended that the BBC's on-demand service reduces
from 13 weeks the planned amount of time that users could keep downloaded
programmes."

Not only that, but Ofcom wants to make the DRM tighter, so we have access to
our own media for even less time! What planet are these people on, what
would have happened if they were around when we first started printing
books? My guess is this:
http://www.pingwales.co.uk/2007/01/18/Chisnall-DRM.html

Seriously guys why the need for DRM, I've only just reconciled myself that
I'm not going to get radio in ogg format, and will have to put up with real
player as long as I want Radio on demand; now this?!