At 21:10 +0000 4/3/07, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"note: I would much prefer the use of Java on the BBC website instead of RealPlayer and Flash, at least Sun let people see there code to rule out Trojan back doors and let other people develop JVMs"

I don't think a lot of users would though, Java is clunky and slow from what I have seen. You always know when it's loading, because all the machines I've been on freeze for about a second whilst it kicks in, unlike the relative seamlessness with the Real/Flash plugins.

I quite like the stat-o-meter they have made on the BBC News website, and the animations add a nice touch to it. How do the guts it work though?

Switch to Ruby on Rails and AJAX over and above Java?

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/