I found the following interesting:

no extracts of Parliamentary proceedings may be used in any light
entertainment
programme or in a programme of political satire;

I guess that almost rules out there ever being a Daily Show UK.

I don't recall The Daily Show relying on transcripts of Congress (or
whatever they call it in those forn parts).

Let's face it - The Daily Show (which is a fantastic show) draws
heavily on the history of satirical political TV programming - I see
Not The Nine O'Clock News in there, I see David Frost in there, I see
Peter Cook in there...

Cheers,

Rich.