Implementation of an (insecure) DRM scheme is not difficult. If the
BBC is willing to pay me £1 million (less than they spent on Windows
iPlayer) I could write up a nice specification for you and then you
would have a truly platform agnostic system.

Ah yes.  An insecure-by-design DRM scheme.  Well that's useful, isn't
it.  A Digital Rights Management system that doesn't actually allow
you to manage anything.  About as much use as alcohol free beer,
decaffenated coffee or a Huddersfield Town centre forward.

Cheers,

Rich.