No.  That's either your sister not telling the whole truth ("Did you
click the button that says 'Wipe My iPod?"), or Apple's crap software.
I don't use iTunes (although I know people who successfully use it
over multiple machines and love it), although a quick Google search
comes up with the following information:

The alert box your sister would have got actually says:

"The iPod "iPod" is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to
erase this iPod and sync with this iTunes library?"

Which is pretty clear to me.  Not a DRM issue.

Cheers,

Rich.

On 6/12/07, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/06/07, Richard Lockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Come on - how many of you have ever heard your mum exclaiming "Oh, why
> does my content have to come with DRM???"

My sister had an iPod. Her computer broke. She got a new one. She put
the iPod in to copy the music back to the new computer. iTunes asked
her if she'd like to use the iPod on this computer. She clicked yes.
She immediately found her iPod was wiped.

She cried.

I got the sobbing phone call.

DRM MADE MY SISTER CRY.

Good enough? :-D

--
Regards,
Dave

SilverDisc Ltd is registered in England no. 2798073

Registered address:
4 Swallow Court, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6XX